Fancy Pants Leggings by Titchy Threads Review

1 comments

Occasionally I am asked to review and test patterns from various designers, so when asked to review a pattern from Titchy Threads I jumped at the chance.

I love reviewing patterns from new designers or designers that I have never used before...it gives me a chance to discover new and exciting designs from such very talented women! As much as I love sewing and creating there is NO.WAY.IN.H.E.DOUBLE.HOCKEY.STICKS I will EVER draft a pattern....I give it up to the people who do...before I started testing and reviewing I didn't realize how much went into drafting a pattern...I took the designers for granted...this lady is sticking to being creative through sewing....pattern drafting is definitely out of my league!


So here they are, my take on the Fancy Pants Leggings. I opted to make the full length leggings using 4 way stretch knit bought from Funkalicious Fabrics. I am not a genius when it comes to sewing with knits, in all honesty I am quite the opposite.....it's not that I fear them or anything (ok, maybe there is a little fear there), I just didn't want to hurl my sewing machine or serger through the window while making them.....who's go time for that?!?!!? (hee hee)


There are so many things that I loved about this pattern. If you click the link above for Titchy Threads some might think that this pattern is geared more towards pajama pants, which they work wonderfully for, but I think this pattern also works marvelously for just every day leggings! When in the market for patterns one of my main goals when searching is the versatility of it, how much use am I going to get out of it. This pattern ranks way up there on the versatility scale! Laura gives so many options with these. They can be made in short length or regular length and there are instructions on different waist bands and ankle finishes to achieve your desired look.

The instructions are crystal clear on this pattern from start to finish! Laura includes so much detailed information in her pattern that even a novice knit sewist like myself feels comfortable. If you have never sewn with knits or if you are looking for a pattern to sharpen your knit sewing abilities this is a great one....

A few more details, small as they are but make a world of difference, that I love about this pattern is that there is a detailed table of contents, the pattern is computer drafted (means so much to me), tips and tricks on sewing with knits are included (cue the heavenly choir), the pattern is well written and has LOTS of pictures to help guide you along your knit sewing adventure, the pages are numbered (sounds silly but so many patterns I use do not number the pages which can turn out catastrophic if the pattern gets into the hands of a certain 5 year old that loves to "help" me create!), and lastly, the finished product is so cute and the possibilities with these simple leggings are ENDLESS!!!


There is only one downfall in my opinion with this pattern, and to me it's a pretty big one. The pattern size range is 0-3 months to a size 4T. I would have loved to see (or hopefully we will see in the near future) this pattern have a much larger size range. Who doesn't love leggings? I know both of my girls do and sadly they have been out of a size 4T since they were about 3 years old.

A special thank you to the beautiful Lyla for modeling these leggings and a great big thank you to her mommy Audrey with Studio Audrey for the wonderful pictures. 

Have a fabulous Thursday! The weekend is ALMOST here!!! 


xoxoxoxo
~Rebecca~

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your review Rebecca. That's such a great fabric. Your leggings are so cute and the photos are beautiful. I've had quite a few requests for the bigger sizes now so it's definitely in the plan to do soon.

    ReplyDelete